So, it would appear that my first rule of blogging is to wait until I feel sufficiently guilted into doing something. The lovely The Fabulous Moms Guide tagged me in this ages ago and then the also very lovely The Ramblings of a Former Rock N Roll Mum tagged me so I now feel duely obliged to do it. Although, lets be honest, versatile surely just means ‘blathers on about stuff which isn’t remotely related to the purpose of your blog’. In that case I am all over this bad boy as the sewing machine is growing dust in the corner and my bag of tricks for silversmithing is lord knows where. Hey ho!
The Versatile Bloggers Award basically states that you need to tell people five random facts about yourself, which hopefully they don’t already know and then tag five people
to avoid this until they also feel sufficiently guilty to be the next lucky winners of the award.
This is a bit problematic as 1) I have quite a big gob and am going to struggle to think of anything that people who know me in Real Life don’t already know 2) Anything else probably isn’t suitable for what is suppossed to be a craft blog! But as I seem to be getting very little crafting going lets go!
1) I am always in trouble for something. Last week I told my boss that I’d been banned from my school’s Graduation Ball. His response was ‘every day I learn something new about you, and none of it surprises me.’ I am 32, who knows when I will achieve maturity.
2) Despite this, I am pretty much bordering on vicar’s wife-ness. Which people who know me in RL obviously know, but may be a surprise to anyone who just follows my blog, and umm… especially twitter which has all been about boobs the last few days. I am agnostic, John became a born-again Christain after we got married. He now works for a church and does sermons and everything.
3) I am the worst person ever to be in a band with. I’ve been in two bands, Typhoid Kittens and Tabitha. Both were appalling. Typhoid Kittens never played live, mainly due to the fact that we also never learnt to play and instead concentrated on looking like Courtney Love. Tabitha had one gig, which I don’t think our drummer came along for?! What I do remember was that our ‘no drinking before we play’ rule went down the plughole when someone at the party we were at fell through the greenhouse and had to go off to hospital for a bit. Due to the very selfish delay we decided to get sloshed and then proceeded to break our other rule ‘no dancing like you’re in Status Quo during the gig’. Sadly, Tabitha are no more either.
4) I can’t hold a pen. I’m dyslexic and have a writing style that no one could ever copy (not that they’d want to mind). Being labelled as having a learning disability at uni gave me access to a 1to1 tutor who told me if I couldn’t cope with writting an essay I could do it in pictures. I did English. I do worry for the state of the education sector when you’re allowed to do an essay on Marxist theory in crayola.
5) I am brilliant on random pointless bits of knowledge and refuse to believe that I am ever wrong about anything. As an ex-long distance runner my most widely touted bit of knowledge is that lager is an amazing way of replacing the carbs you lose while running. You don’t get info like that from Sport England, I can tell you….
So the next amazing bloggers to be awarded this glittering prize are:
Appologies if you’ve already done this and I missed it!!